If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face
and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven,
and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14
A National Day of Prayer[/heading]
Thursday, May 7, 11 am – 1 pm National Day of Prayer at Christ Chapel on the campus of Oral Roberts University for all churches. If your church plans to come, please let the team know in advance so your church can be acknowledged.
[button open_new_tab=”true” color=”see-through-2″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”/national-day-of-prayer-registration/” text=”Register for National Day of Prayer” color_override=””]
Additionally, The Burn 24/7 will be providing praise and worship beginning at 7:30 am in the First Floor Chapel of Victory Christian Center. This all day focus on prayer, praise, and worship will pause to join in the 11:00-1:00 event at Christ’s Chapel then will resume into the evening.
The National Day of Prayer tradition predates the founding of the United States of America, evidenced by the Continental Congress’ proclamation in 1775 setting aside a day of prayer. In 1952, Congress established an annual day of prayer and, in 1988, that law was amended, designating the National Day of Prayer as the first Thursday in May.
In conjunction with the National Day of Prayer on Thursday, May 7, churches of Tulsa are joining together on Saturday, May 9 to serve our city. Many are choosing to focus on serving single moms in our communities in recognition of Mothers Day on May 10th. As Mother’s Day has proven to be the third highest attended Sunday in the year this is a great opportunity for the church in Tulsa to serve our city together and invite families to your weekend services.
Victory Christian Center has offered to provide Diapers and Groceries for your church to give to the single moms you reach on this weekend. (A limited supply is available. Supplies will be given on a first come first served basis.)
[button color=”see-through-2″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”#groceries” text=”Submit an Outreach” color_override=””]
[button color=”see-through-2″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”/partner” text=”We would like to partner with another church!” color_override=””]
[button color=”see-through-2″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”#groceries” text=”Sign-Up For Diapers & Groceries” color_override=””]
[button color=”see-through-2″ hover_text_color_override=”#fff” size=”large” url=”/event/2nd-saturday/” text=”We would like to partner with Asbury’s 2nd Saturday!” color_override=””]
- Spirit Life Church
- Liberty World Outreach
- Asbury United Methodist Church
- Southern Hills United Methodist Church
- Victory Single Parent Ministry
- Practicing His Presence
- Serve Church
Service Suggestions for May 9 Event:[/heading]
Share an already planned outreach for other churches in your community to join in along with you. Follow this link to fill out the form, or use the form below, and we will help connect you to a possible partner church.
“Adopt A Block” outreach to occur on the morning of Saturday, May 9, and work on a project independently or with other churches in your community
- Car Clinic – single moms often need help with basic maintenance or trusted second opinions on needed vehicle repairs. For churches that have people skilled in basic oil and filter changes this can be a great outreach to bless single moms or the elderly. Consider partnering with a mechanic shop in your community to provide the tools and materials while the churches cover the supplies and manpower. Several businesses have done this in years past!
- Manicures – have some ladies from your church offer free manicures to the single moms in your community. This offers the ladies in your church an opportunity to listen to the stories of the ladies they serve, offer prayer and invite them back to your church. Also plan to engage their children while they are being ministered to with the manicures.
- Handy Man – single moms often times need help with basic maintenance and repairs around their homes. You can have teams identify single moms that need this type of service in advance of your service day. This allows your teams time to recruit people with the necessary skill sets and acquire the materials needed to complete the job. Materials may already be available, but the skills necessary to complete the job are what is needed. Remember to have a lady present to interact with the single mom while her tasks are being tended to!
- Make Mom’s Day! – Invite the children in your community in to create a personal gift and card for their mother. While the children are creating their masterpieces, Mom can have some needed time to herself!
- Others – the ideas are limitless! What is a need in your community that could be addressed in a few hours? Contact Mollie Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or 918.492.2858 ext 116 for further help if needed.
Serving on May 9th?[/heading][toggles][toggle title=”Register for Diapers and Groceries to Give Away” color=”Default”]
Order must be placed by: May 2, 2015
Fill out the form below to register for diapers and groceries:
Error: Contact form not found.
Know what you are doing or want to do? Please fill out the form below.
Register a service location
Error: Contact form not found.